Thursday, February 07, 2008

Compressive Sensing: Hardware Implementation update and some newer developments

The tutorial on Comressed Sensing presented at ITA '08 is now on the Rice repository. It is entitled Tutorial on compressive sensing and was presented by Richard Baraniuk, Justin Romberg, and Michael Wakin.

It is a great tutorial. For the new items, one can start at slide 101, where we have a description of new developments in particular: Manifold lifting. I wish I were in that room because it sounds fascinating, I am awaiting for the preprint on this.

I could not track down the Georgia Tech digital Imager but we now have photos of it. I am also waiting for the preprint on this.



I am not sure I have seen anything on compressive sensing camera arrays yet. Also of interest was the description of the random demodulator, a component of a very high rate A2I or A/D hardware.




2 comments:

Matthieu Poullet said...

Terry Tao has just released the slides and the pictures of his talk about some recent developments in compressed sensing at the ANZIAM annual meeting:
http://terrytao.wordpress.com/2008/02/06/compressed-sensing/

Thanks for your blog, Igor.

Igor said...

Thanks,

I was about to mention it. I have also commented on his entry but it is waiting approval.

Thanks for the heads up.

Igor.

Printfriendly