Monday, November 16, 2009

CS: Several Initiatives


In random order here are a list of items that have been started or are in my mind:

I want to start a series of post entitled "These Technologies Do Not Exist" which will feature technologies that do not exist yet and which could be enabled by compressive sensing if they were investigated in-depth. The idea is that most funding agencies do fund mostly incremental technologies and that sometimes there is a need for researchers to go beyond being part of the 10% improvement business. If you have one of those ideas and feel it is OK to give it to the world, then by all means contact me for inclusion in the series.

Twitter has created a list feature recently. I put together a list of people that have declared an interest in Compressive Sensing, have read the blog or even published in the field, it is at:


Please realize this is not a list of people talking about compressive sensing all the time, rather a community of like minded spirits.

I want to expand a little bit the Big Picture page as they are clearly some areas that are more vigorous than others, I am thinking about including a blurb about:
If anybody wants to help, you'll be duly credited in the page on your effort as usual.

I am considering starting a project dedicated to producing a compressive sensing EEG system for the purpose of doing very cheap BCI (Brain-Computer Interface). For that I think I need a Google wave account and have the ability to invite people (have Google Wave invites as well) since otherwise the concept is pretty moot. For the Googlers reading this blog and who have the means to make this happen, it's a hint.

Finally, because of different circumstances I am thinking aloud about starting a company dealing with incoherent systems which you might guess rightly has something to do with the subject area covered here.


1 comment:

Igor said...

Andy,

You're right, maybe I ought to do that. Thanks for the pointer.

Igor.

Printfriendly